Recipe by internetnut
This recipe comes from The Low Carb Cookbook. I found this recipe on Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by jj_in_CA. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- butter, for pan
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature (use reduced fat but NOT no fat)
- 1 1⁄2 cups equal spoonful sugar substitute or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute, and 1/2 c splenda sugar substitute for baking
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 ounces pumpkin (more if you can handle the carbs)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9” spring form pan and set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese well until smooth. Slowly beat in the sweetner. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each egg.
- Add remaining ingredients, scrape down the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour cheesecake into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn heat down to 275 and bake for 1 hour, or until edges are lightly brown. Turn off the oven.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan and return the pan to the oven to cool slowly.
- Don’t worry if the cake is a little wiggly, it will firm up.
- Cover cooled cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or up to 3 days.