Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
My dad and I are constantly looking for ways to stay on our low carb diet during the holidays. It is very hard with all the good food being passed around. I came up with this cheesecake idea to help us stave off the pumpkin by we both actually want. We loved this and thought we would share it.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces canned pumpkin (no sugar added)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute or 1 cup xylitol sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute or 3 tablespoons xylitol sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Making the Crust:.
- Combine almond flour, whey powder, 3 tablespoons Splenda (or Xylitol) 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Add 5 tablespoons melted butter and mix well.
- Spray a deep dish pie plate or round baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour almond flour mixture into baking dish.
- Pat crust with hands to flatten and spread evenly.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let completely cool.
- Preparing the Cheesecake:.
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees.
- Put remaining ingredients except eggs in a mixing bowl and blend until mixed thoroughly and smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and make sure they are completely blended with mixture.
- Make sure that there are no lumps in mixture.
- Pour over cooled crust and put into the oven with a pan of water on the lower rack.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Make sure cheesecake is completely cooked by using a toothpick. Insert toothpick into center. If it comes out wet and soupy, cook cheesecake for 15 minutes more. If it comes out with just small amounts sticking to it, remove and refrigerate.
- Serve cold.