Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is from the November, 1996 issue of Bon Appetit Magazine. We have it every Thanksgiving instead of pumpkin pie. You can use any kind of cookie crumbs you like for the crust; this year I used Keebler Cashew Shortbread Sandies and they were fabulous.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup ground pecans
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons golden brown sugar, packed
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crust: Combine all crust ingredients in medium bowl and stir until moist clumps form.
- Press into bottom and 1" up sides of 9" springform pan (2 1/2" deep). Refrigerate.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and spice, and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Pour filling into crust (filling will extend above crust).
- Bake until top is golden and center is softly set, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Cool on rack.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove pan sides.
- Garnish cake with chopped pecans.