Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
I'm glad my mother gave me this recipe. I think it's better than the regular pumpkin pie, because it doesn't have a really strong pumpkin taste.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 prepared 8-inch pastry shells (I used graham cracker crusts)
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat together the cream cheese and the sugar, add the pumpkin puree and the spices. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add salt. Beat until creamy. Pour the batter evenly into the two pastry shells.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 50 minutes or until the knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool then top with whipped topping, if desired.