Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
With a gingersnap crust and a maple syrup topping, this sounds like a winner for Thanksgiving, or the fall.
- 32 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cinnamon, and vanilla. Add eggs; pour over crust and sprinkle with the nutmeg.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the baking dish to loosen ; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares; serve with syrup drizzled over top. Refrigerate leftovers.