Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a favorite from the 70's updated with a crumbly, nutty topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, diced, chilled
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3⁄4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To prepare crust, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously butter 9x9x2-inch metal baking pan. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Using on and off turns, blend first 4 ingredients in processor until coarse meal forms.
- Add pecans, using on/off turn, process until nuts are chopped. Add oats, process same way until mixture is moistened, but not in clumps.
- Press 3 1/2 cups of this mixture onto bottom of prepared square pan.
- Do not clean processor.
- Transfer remaining crumbs to prepared lined baking sheet; bake crumbs on sheet until golden, stirring once, about 12 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven; cool crumbs.
- Bake crust about 30 minutes -- remove from oven while preparing filling -- maintain oven temperature.
- To prepare filling, blend all ingredients in same processor until smooth.spread filling over warm crust -- bake until set, dry in center and beginning to rise at edges, about 20 minutes -- maintain oven temperature.
- To prepare topping,.
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl, spread evenly over hot filling. Bake until topping sets and bubbles at edges, about 5 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on rack. Sprinkle crumbs over topping, gently press into topping.
- Cover and chill until cold, about 2 hours.
- This can be made ahead for 2 days.
- Cut into squares to serve.