1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that I love to make for visitors. It is a little time consuming but worth it. Delicious. I got it from an old Good Housekeeping magazine a while ago and posting here to not lose. Time stated does not include chilling time in fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 orange
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- 6 eggs (Large)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (ground)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1With vegetable peeler, remove 6 strips peel about 3" x 1" each. Remove trim of as much white pith as you can from peel. In a small saucepan heat orange peel, 3/4 cup sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove cover and cook another 1 to 2 minutes longer or until sugar mixture is amber in color. Pour hot caramel into a metal loaf pan of 9" x 5" . With a fork remove the orange peel and discard. Set pan aside.
- 2In a large bowl with mixer beat cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup sugar for 2 minutes. Occasionally scraping bowl with spatula. Beat in pumpkin then eggs (one at a time) Reduce speed to low on blender and beat in evaporated milk, Cream, Liquor, extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt. Beat until well mixed.
- 3Pour pumpkin mixture through medium mesh sieve over caramel in loaf pan with spatula. Place loaf pan in 13 x 9 baking pan. Place in preheated oven of 350°F Carefully pour boiling water into baking pan to come 3/4 up sides of loaf pan.
- 4Bake 1 hour and 10 to 15 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge of custard comes out clean. ( Center will still jiggle ) Remove loaf pan from baking pan and cool on wire rack 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours and better if overnight.
- 5To unmold, run small metal spatula or knife around sides of loaf pan. Invert creme caramel onto serving plate. Leave loaf pan in place several minutes allowing caramel syrup to drip from pan.
- 6This dish can be made up to 2 days in advance. Just unmold when ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake Creme Caramel
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.1
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 222.5 mg
- Sodium 206.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: