Recipe by Chef Haileej
I modified the original version of this Country Living recipe to fit my low fat lifestyle.
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat butter
- 3⁄4 lb bittersweet chocolate
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 lb fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line baking dish with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Whisk together6 eggs, brown sugar, 3/4 cup splenda.
- Add chocolate mixture, 3 tsp vanilla, salt, flour and cocoa.
- Beat until smooth
- Pour mixture into pan. Set Aside.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add remaining 2 eggs, 1/4 cup splenda and cornstarch and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture over brownie mix.
- Combine jam and pumpkin butter.
- Drop spoonfuls over cream cheese mixture and swirl around with a knife.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes.