1 hr 10 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that I made awhile back. I found the recipe in the Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor book. Very easy to make and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1Preheat the oven to 325. Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- 2Measure out 1/2 cup of the cake mix and set it aside.
- 3Put the rest of the cake mix, the melted butter, and 1 egg in a large mixing bowl. Blend together with a mixer for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. The batter should come together into a ball. With your fingertips, pat the batter evenly over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan.
- 4Place the cream cheese and condensed milk in the same mixing bowl you used for the crust and blen together with a mixer until just combined - about 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and add the reserved cake mix, the remaining 3 eggs, the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Pour the filling onto the crust and spread it with a spatula so it covers the entire surface. Place in oven.
- 5Bake the cheesecake until it looks shiny and the center no longer jiggles when you shake the pan - about 45 to 49 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven while you prepare the topping, but leave the oven on.
- 6For the topping, place the sour cream and brown sugar in a small bowl and stir with a spoon until well combined. Spread over the cheesecake.
- 7Bake until the topping sets - about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack for 30 minutes. Then lightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour or preferably 24 hours.
- 8Cut into squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars With Chocolate Cake Crust
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 327.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g