Recipe by Reddyrat
This is a wonderful recipe that I made awhile back. I found the recipe in the Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor book. Very easy to make and delicious!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325. Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of the cake mix and set it aside.
- Put the rest of the cake mix, the melted butter, and 1 egg in a large mixing bowl. Blend together with a mixer for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. The batter should come together into a ball. With your fingertips, pat the batter evenly over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan.
- Place the cream cheese and condensed milk in the same mixing bowl you used for the crust and blen together with a mixer until just combined - about 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and add the reserved cake mix, the remaining 3 eggs, the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Pour the filling onto the crust and spread it with a spatula so it covers the entire surface. Place in oven.
- Bake the cheesecake until it looks shiny and the center no longer jiggles when you shake the pan - about 45 to 49 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven while you prepare the topping, but leave the oven on.
- For the topping, place the sour cream and brown sugar in a small bowl and stir with a spoon until well combined. Spread over the cheesecake.
- Bake until the topping sets - about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack for 30 minutes. Then lightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour or preferably 24 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.