Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a fall staple at our house. Makes the house smell heavenly, and they taste better than they smell. This recipe can be doubled easily and baked in a 9 x 13 pan.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 73.94 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml finely chopped pecans or 118.29 ml walnuts
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml solid pack pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Combine flour and brown sugar in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter to make a crumb mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Set aside 3/4 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into bottom of 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, spices and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake an additional 30-35 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into bars.
This recipe is very good!...for the crust, I process the flour and brown sugar for about 15 seconds in a food processor, then add in very cold butter, process with a couple of on and off turns, then just mix in the pecans by hand, I find that the crust bakes out to a lighter texture if done by this method. You also might want to increase the sugar and cinnamon slightly in the filling. This is a delicious pumpkin recipe that I have made many times in the Fall season. thanks for sharing KyJo!...Kittencal:)
SUPER! super quick, super easy, super moist, SUPER YUMMY! thanks KyJo, DEFINATELY a "keeper"!
What a great recipe! I have made these several times and have never been disappointed. The texture does vary according to the brand of pumpkin used and I prefer Libby's if I can find it. Not too sweet - just perfect!