1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Cheesecake a La Martha Stewart
2 hrs 30 mins
Princess Tomato's Note:
I got this recipe off Martha Stewart's website. It's absolutely WONDERFUL! I love pumpkin, but it's just not in enough things. So here's a good cheesecake for you. Hope you enjoy it! My Notes: I don't use the pecans in the crust, but it's because I'm allergic to some nuts, and I don't like to push my luck. I'm sure they'd be wonderful in there, though. If you don't use them, you could probably just toss a few more cookies worth of crumbs in like I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 8 ounces gingersnap cookies, crumbled (about 32 cookies)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the filling
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (I used ground)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Place gingersnaps in the bowl of a food processor, and process until finely ground.
- 3Add pecans, melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- 4Process just until combined and the mixture holds together.
- 5Transfer the cookie mixture to a 9-inch nonstick springform pan, and pat out evenly to make the crust, lining the sides of the pan about 1 1/2 inches of the way up.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 7In a small bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- 8In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 9Add pumpkin, bourbon, vanilla, and flour mixture. Beat to combine.
- 10Add eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition.
- 11Pour batter into prepared crust.
- 12Wrap the outside of the springform pan with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- 13Place in a roasting pan. Add enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- 14Bake until cake is set in the center, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- 15Remove from water, and cool on a wire rack.
- 16Remove foil, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- 17Serve with whipped cream, if you'd like.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake a La Martha Stewart
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.8
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 163.8 mg
- Sodium 372.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 9.5 g