Recipe by chia
Whip up some cream and enjoy a holiday favorite. From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by PuglyDuckling
This was delish! Pumpkin and cheesecake go so well together, especially with whipped topping. The crust was excellent too and I learned it's so much easier to put together if the cookies are crushed to almost a powder consistency. I don't own a springform pan so I just made it in a 9" pie plate-- turned out well anyhow!
- 1 1⁄2 cups gingersnap cookies, crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch allspice
- pecan halves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap the outside of a 9 inch springform pan with tin foil.
- Mix crumbs, butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Press mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake 5 minutes, remove from oven.
- With a mixer combine cream cheese and sugar.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla and spices.
- Pour into crust and bake for 1 hr and 5 minutes until center is set.
- Cool on a rack and refrigerate for 6 hrs or overnight.
- Run a spatula around the edge of pan, remove sides.
- Garnish with pecan halves.