1/3 Photos of Pumpkin Cheesecake
1 hr 15 mins
Break tradition and forget the pie! Serve this cheesecake instead. OK, I like the pie too, no reason not to have both.;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
cinnamon whipped cream for garnish
- 1Place rack in center of oven.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Make crust: Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl.
- 4Press onto bottom of 10 inch springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove to cool.
- 6Make filling: Whisk together pumpkin, eggs, spices, salt and ¾ cup of the sugar.
- 7Cream together cream cheese and remaining sugar.
- 8Beat in cream, cornstarch and vanilla.
- 9Carefully beat in pumpkin mixture.
- 10Pour into crust. Lift pan 1 inch off counter and let drop (this breaks up any air bubbles in the batter that may contribute to cracking). Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until center is set. Run a thin, sharp knife around edge of pan to release crust (this too helps inhibit cracking).
- 11Let cool, covered loosely, overnight.
- 12Remove sides of pan and put on your prettiest serving platter.
- 13Garnish with cinnamon whipped cream and caramel sauce (if desired); dust top of cake lightly with more cinnamon.
- 14For cinnamon whipped cream: Beat cream until foamy. Beat in sugar and cinnamon until the cream holds soft peaks.
- 15Note: Although this cheesecake has never cracked for me, I know it has for others - but not to worry as the cinnamon whipped cream topping embellishes everything and the cheesecake is just gorgeous! ;-).
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.3
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 170.5 mg
- Sodium 427.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g