Recipe by love4culinary
The is a delightful "pie" :-) if you love cheesecake, and you love pumpkin pie.. you'll adore this! Please note that the filling can be made ahead of time. COOK TIME INCLUDES TIME NEEDED TO COOK CRUST. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. Prep time does not include time to refrigerate over night.
Top Review by Leta
Yuuuummmmmm! Yum! I'll never make plain ole' pumpkin pie again! This is an incredibly creamy pumpkin pie cheesecake! I wasn't sure if the refrigeration overnight was mandatory...so I did. The crust with the ground pecans is wonderful! I substituted my own home-mixed brown sugar substitute* as I have to watch my sugar intake, but other than that I followed the recipe exactly as written. I used a mixer to beat the sugar/cream cheese mixture, but then mixed the remaining ingredients in with a wooden spoon.(Overmixing cheesecake can cause it to crack when baked) Thank you for this recipe...it's a keeper! *for brown sugar substitute I mixed 1 cup Splenda with 1 Tbls of molasses, stirring with a fork until well mixed and then further mixing with fingertips until it is of a brown sugar consistency. Then just measure and use as you would brown sugar.
For the Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, ground
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
For the Filling
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 3 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- First start by preparing your crust: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cracker crumbs,pecans,sugar and ginger.
- Add butter.
- Stir until well coated.
- Press,mixture evenly over bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, and then cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare the filling, Combine brown sugar and cream cheese, beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the rest of the ingredients in order listed above,adding the eggs last, putting them in one at a time.
- Cover filling and refrigerate overnight.
- Bring to room temperature before filling pie shell.
- Pour into pie shell, and bake for 55 to 60 minutes and use toothpick test for exact timing.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Top with whipped cream and pecan halves if you wish!