Recipe by P4
I know there are hundreds of recipes for pumpkin cheesecake, but this one is my favorite. My husband requests it every Thanksgiving instead of pumpkin pie.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree (fresh or solid pack)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- CRUST: Mix all the ingredients together and press into the bottom of a 10" springform pan.
- FILLING: Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, spices, brown sugar.
- In the bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese together with the granulated sugar on low speed, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
- On low speed this may take about 5 minutes, but please don't be tempted to turn the speed up higher.
- We want to incorporate as little air as possible into the filling.
- When the mixture is ready, mix in the cream, the cornstarch, vanilla, and bourbon just until incorporated, then add the pumpkin mixture.
- You will have to scrape down the bowl at least twice to make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour into the crust.
- Wrap a piece of foil around the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Place into a roasting pan large enough to hold it comfortably.
- Put the pan in the oven, then pour boiling water all around until it comes 1/2-way up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the cheesecake until done- it will be set on the edges but will still be a bit jiggly in the center.
- It will finish setting up outside of the oven.
- This baking will probably take 1 and 15 minutes, maybe an hour and a half.
- Remove the cake from the water bath and let cool on the counter.
- The refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with unsweetened whipped cream, and some chocolate shavings, or candied pecans.
- Note: this cake can be baked, wrapped tightly in double layer of plastic, and frozen for up to a month.
- Thaw in the refrigerator.