4 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Meg Sweetland's Note:
From Real Simplie magazine, November, 2012
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces ginger snaps or 36 gingersnaps
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- nonstick cooking spray, for the sides of pan
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, leveled
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1Heat oven to 325°F In a food processor, pulse the gingersnaps until fine crumbs form (you should have about 1 cup). Add the melted butter and pulse to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch srpingform pan (preferably nonstick), using a straight sided dry measuring cup to help. Spray the sides of the pan lightly with cooking spray. Place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar on medium until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the flour, alspice, ginger, cinnamon, and salt and beat to combine. Add the pumpkin and beat to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, tent loosely with foil and bake until set but slightly wobbly in the center, 75 to 105 minutes.
- 3Let cool completely in the pan, then refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen, then unmold.
- 4Just before serving, using an electric mixer, beat the cream, sour cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Dollop on the cheesecake and dust with cinnamon.
- 5To prep ahead: The cheesecake can be baked up to 2 days in advance (do not top with the sour cream mixture); refrigerate, covered.
- 6To serve: Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Make the sour cream mixture, dollop it on the cheesecake, and dust with cinamon just before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.0
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 152.8 mg
- Sodium 397.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g