Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice dessert for Thanksgiving -- different from the traditional pumpkin pie!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the crust:
- Mix crumbs with 1 tablespoon sugar and the melted butter until blended.
- Press onto bottom of 8 or 9 inch springform pan; chill.
- For the filling:
- Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, spices and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 50 minutes.
- Remove cake; raise oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Mix well sour cream, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the vanilla and spread over filling.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Cool cake on rack. Remove sides of pan; chill cake.
- Serving Suggestion: Before serving, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted, sliced almonds.
It seems to me that the cook time is not long enough. It seemed too moist and I was concerned that the eggs weren't cooked enough. I re-baked it at 350 for 30 more minutes and it seemed OK. It looked like crap, but tasted OK and had a more cheesecake like consistancy. I would increase initial bake time from 50 minutes to 80 or 90 minutes and increase the second bake to 15 minutes.