Recipe by Rita~
I was making a pumpkin pie and didn't have any kind of milk so I used cream cheese and it was great.
Top Review by justcallmejulie
I took it a step even closer to cheesecake and doubled the cream cheese. It was still not dense like a cheesecake, but it was very good. I had a 29 ounce can of pumpkin so I just added the extra. I also put a little graham cracker crust under it and made it in one spring-form pan. I can tell that if you just used 8 ounces of cream cheese that it would be more like pumpkin pie, and that it would be delicious. I liked the amount of spices that recipe called for. Certainly more zip to it than the recipe that was printed on the can of pumpkin puree. I also topped this with some SarShir, Iranian breakfast cream that I had mixed with some sugar and vanilla - it's like cream frache. I brought this to a family party and everyone raved about it. Very good Rita!
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 24 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 4 large eggs
- 2 pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor process cream cheese and sugars till fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to just mix inches Place crust in 2 pie pans and pour in filling distributing evenly.
- Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 325 and bake for 45 more minutes.
- Remove and serve chilled with whipped cream.