1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Cheese Fondue
This a a great Halloween treat,Thanksgiving Appetizer or just a nice way to spend a Autumn Day. And yes you can eat the pumpkin. Keep the fondue warm over as low heat as possible to avoid scorching the cheese.
My Private Note
small p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch nutmeg, for baking the pumpkin
- 1 pinch cinnamon, for baking the pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 cup sherry wine or 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed to a smoothpaste with some water
- grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Cut a slice off the top of the pumpkin and scoop out seed.
- 2Use to make Spicy Roasted Butternut (the butternut seeds can be replaced with the pumpkin) Seeds Spicy Roasted Butternut Seeds / Pumpkin Seeds or your favorite recipe.
- 3Brush the inside of the pumpkin with melted butter season with nutmeg and cinnamon place on cookie sheet with tops on and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile heat the oil in a pan saute scallions and garlic for 2 minutes add wine or sherry, and cornstarch paste heat and then add the cheeses to the simmering wine, stir in a zig zag rather than circular motion to help break up the cheese.
- 5Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 6Heat gently stirring till melted and combined. If to thick can add some water or chicken broth to thin.
- 7Pour into the baked hot pumpkin sprinkle with paprika and serve with apple, pears, celery, peppers, cubes of crusty bread cooked shrimp, cooked chicken, and or cooked potato skins .
- 8Instead of making the paste you can also dust the cheese cubes with the cornstarch then add to the warmed wine.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheese Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1573.2
- Calories from Fat 1052
- Total Fat 116.9 g
- Saturated Fat 60.4 g
- Cholesterol 310.9 mg
- Sodium 987.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 69.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: