3 hrs 30 mins
Jaime Burris's Note:
This is pretty much the Betty Crocker recipe, but I've changed it up just a little bit and it uses fresh pumpkins!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pie pumpkin
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat butter
- 16 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (one third less fat)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 3 eggs
- 1Cut pumpkin in half. Scoop out seeds and strings. Place cut sides down on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 30-45 min or until skin pierces easily with a fork.
- 2When the pumpkin is cool, scoop out flesh and mash. Put the pumpkin in the refrigerator while you make the rest of the cheesecake.
- 3For the cheesecake.
- 4Combine gram cracker crumbs and ½ cup packed brown sugar. Add melted butter and mix well. Press crumb mixture into a 9 inch spring form pan. Refrigerate for 20 minute.
- 5Mix together cream cheese and sour cream. Add spices, 1 cup brown sugar and eggs. Mix together well. Add pumpkin.
- 6Pour mixture into crumb pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until center shows cooked threw with the tooth pick test.
- 7Place in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- 9In a saucepan combine sugar and water. Constantly stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring sugar water to a boil. Watch closely because it will burn fast. Cook until you get a light golden color. Remove from heat. Let set 1-2 min until starts to thicken a bit. Stir with fork. Using fork, drizzle over cake quickly before the sugar hardens.
- 10Cake will keep for 48 hours.
- 11If you would like to make mini cakes instead of one big one:.
- 12Press the ginger crumb mixture into 30 muffin tins. Place the tins in the refrigerator while you make the cake batter.
- 13Scoop about 1/2 cup of cake mixture into each tin.
- 14Bake at 300 degrees for 30-45 min or until center is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheese Cake
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 142.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: