Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious eaten warm or cold.
- 283.49 g all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 85.04 g butter, melted
- 14.79 ml superfine sugar
- 99.22 g sharp cheddar cheese
- 283.49 g pumpkin or 283.49 g butternut squash, peeled and grated
- 29.58 ml chives, freshly snipped
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml milk
- 29.58 ml pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Line a muffin tin with 10 paper muffin cases. In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Stir the sugar, cheese, pumpkin or butternut squash and chives into the flour mixture and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and melted butter and pour over the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined, the batter will be lumpy. Fill the muffin cases, then sprinkle the tops with the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and firm.