Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful recipe from an old issue of Better Homes and Gardens. Because my family always watches how they eat, I substitute sugar free pudding for the regualr pudding, and a large container of low-fat Cool whip instead of whipping cream. Its delicious, and I have substitued other flavors for a change of pace.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers, split
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- Chill a mixing bowl and beaters.
- Line the botom of a 9in springform pan with ladyfingers, cutting to fill spaces.
- Trim the bottoms of the remaining ladyfingers, and place round side out, against pan sides.
- Set aside.
- To make cream cheese filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer on med speed till combined.
- In a chilled bowl, beat 1 3/4 cups of cream and pwdrd sugar until soft peaks form.
- Reserve 1/2 cup.
- Fold remaining into the cheese mixture.
- For pumpkin filling: stir together pudding mixes and spices.
- Add milk and pumpkin and beat until thick.
- Fold in reserved 1/2 cup of whipped cream.
- Spread the cream cheese layer evenly over the bottom of the prepaed pan.
- Carefully spread pumpkin lyer over cream cheese layer.
- Cover and refrigerate overnite.
- To serve, remove sides from pan, place on platter.
- Beat remaining 1/4 cup whipping cream to soft peaks, and spoon atop each individual serving.