Recipe by Mia in Germany
I made this up after a business trip with no time to shop coming home late one sunday evening... Luckily there are always containers of pumpkin puree in my freezer! Edit: After talking to the reviewer I found that the pumpkin puree which is used in the US is not suitable for this recipe. So I'm changing it to oven baked fresh pumpkin and less broth.
- 2 cups pumpkin, oven baked
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken (leftovers, boiled, roast or grilled)
- Madras curry powder (or whatever hot curry powder you have on hand)
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- First chop tomatos and arrange in two soup plates or bowls.
- Whisk together egg yolks and cream cheese until smooth and homogenous.
- In a medium pot on medium heat slowly heat baked pumpkin and chicken broth.
- Stir in egg yolk and cream cheese mixture just before pumpkin/broth mixture begins to boil, whisking continuedly.
- Add drained chickpeas and shredded chicken.
- Stir until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat, add salt and curry powder to taste.
- Spoon over chopped tomato into the bowls.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, serve and.
- We had this for 2-person-dinner without leftovers -- .