Recipe by chia
This was created for RSC #13 and is great for dessert or as a sweet side dish to chicken or turkey. If serving for dessert whip up some heavy cream for garnish.
Top Review by PaulaG
A delicious pudding topped with a dollop of creme fraiche. The recipe was reduced to 4 servings. The carrots were steamed in the microwave as suggested. All the ingredients were placed in the Vita-Mix and whirled until smooth then poured into a baking dish. The pudding was set in about 45 minutes and instead of honey, I used Agave Nectar. This would be a delicious side for roasted chicken as well.
- 453.59 g canned pumpkin
- 453.59 g baby carrots
- 4.92 ml grated ginger
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml cardamom
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml grated nutmeg
- 177.44 ml honey
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 29.58 ml dark brown sugar (optional)
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 3 eggs, stirred
- cooking spray
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam carrots until tender, I use the microwave.
- Preheat oven to 400f.
- Spray a 10x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add cooked carrots and mash.
- Add canned pumpkin, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, honey and butter.
- Taste and if you want it sweeter add brown sugar.
- Add eggs and coconut milk, mix well.
- Bake for 1- 11/2 hrs depending at your oven, pudding should be set.