Easy to make and delicious. If you don't have a cake decorating bag you can use a sturdy plastic bag, cut a tiny bit off one corner, insert a decorate tip, and use that instead. I used pumpkin pie spice mix found in Spiced Carrot Muffins description; 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and measured out 1 teaspoon for this recipe, and put the rest in a clean spice jar for use later. For the icing, I couldn't find vanilla bean paste so I just used vanilla extract. I sprinkled the top of the icing on the muffins with sifted cinnamon. From www.foodnetwork.ca, recipe by Anna Olson. Times given are estimates. Next time I make these I think I will add raisins and nuts too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, divided
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup carrot, finely grated
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper cups.
- 4Cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until evenly combined.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Stir in pumpkin puree, sour cream and vanilla.
- 7In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- 8Stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture; stir in finely grated carrots.
- 9Use an ice cream scoop with release lever to spoon batter into prepared tins.
- 10Bake for about 25 minutes, until a tester inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- 11Cool for 15 minutes in the tin; remove and cool completely.
- 13Beat butter with electric beaters until fluffy.
- 14Add the 2 cups of icing sugar, plus milk and vanilla.
- 15Beat for 3 minutes on high speed until fluffy.
- 16Add additional 1 to 2 cups sifted icing sugar until frosting is a fluffy, spreadable consistency.
- 17Spread frosting generously onto each muffin using a pastry bag and decorating tip.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Carrot Muffins With Vanilla Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean paste