Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 14 mins
From the Money Saving Mom blog.
Make and share this Pumpkin Carrot Cake Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 147.89 ml butter, softened
- 314.66 ml vanilla yogurt
- 473.18 ml pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 59.16 ml orange juice
- 14.78 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml carrots, grated
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml flax seed
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 36 muffin cups with baking liners.
- Grate the carrots (I use a box grater and use the second largest sized hole). Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the carrots, flours, flax, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and allspice. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Combine the brown sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat using a stand mixer or a hand mixer until smooth. Add the eggs and beat until incorporated. Stir in the yogurt, pumpkin, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar/butter/egg mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed, but do not over beat.
- Add a scant 1/4 cup of batter to each muffin cup, making about 36 muffins in all. Bake at muffins at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes, or until cooked through when tested with a toothpick. Remove muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack completely.