Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is good plain, but can be dressed up with cream cheese frosting. I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine.
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking flour
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml canned pumpkin
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml grated orange rind
- 177.44 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml grated carrot
- 78.07 ml dried cranberries
- cooking spray
- 29.58 ml coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flours with baking powder, cinnamon, soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and egg white with mixer at medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, pumpkin, oil, butter, and orange rind.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Stir in raisins, carrot and cranberries.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Good either plain or with a lemon cream cheese frosting.