Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is good plain, but can be dressed up with cream cheese frosting. I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flours with baking powder, cinnamon, soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and egg white with mixer at medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, pumpkin, oil, butter, and orange rind.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Stir in raisins, carrot and cranberries.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Good either plain or with a lemon cream cheese frosting.