Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful twist on an old favorite....
Make and share this Pumpkin Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup carrot, grated (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped nuts, divided
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Grease two 9-inch-round cake pans. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Combine milk and lemon juice in liquid measuring cup (mixture will appear curdled).
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, pineapple, carrots and milk mixture in large mixer bowl; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until combined. Stir in coconut and 1 cup nuts. Pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost between layers and on sides and top of cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Garnish with remaining nuts. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar, until fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine well. Frost cake.
I made it in a bundt pan, inverted it onto a plate, then frosted it. It looked and tasted fantastic. It was so moist and rich