Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I have not tested yet, but adapted from some recipes on fatfree.com.
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 cup pumpkin, mashed
- 1 cup whole wheat self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Grease a loaf tin.
- Mix the applesauce, eggs and honey until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the loaf tin, smooth out the top and bake for 55 - 60 minutes.
- Set aside to cool before turning out onto a cooling rack to slice.
I didn't realize it until I was ready to make this recipe that there's a little difference between the Australian 'mixed spice' & that from New Zealand! I had the Aussie variety in the cupboard & used it for this VERY SATISFYING TREAT! We really enjoyed the combo of carrot, pumpkin & the whole wheat flour (not somethine we usually have)! Thanks much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #32]