Shawn C's Note:
This is a great alternative to pumpkin pie at family gathering during Thanksgiving or any holiday occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter (no substitute)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 8 -12 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) package ladyfingers
- 1Make caramel: Melt butter in saucepan at medium heat add remaining caramel ingredients, mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low boil and let cook for 8 minutes until syrupy.
- 2Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- 3Make filling: in HOT skillet toast the spices (except salt) over med-high heat for 15-25 seconds. Add the pumpkin and granulated sugar to the pan and cook, stirring often for about 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in the cream and salt into the skillet.
- 4Assembly prep: Place ladyfingers in a shallow dish in a single layer and pour caramel over top; turn to coat.
- 5Let stand for 10 minutes turning occasionally.
- 6Topping: Beat cream in a mixing bowl on med-high speed with a electric mixer until thickened.
- 7Add confectioners' sugar and beat into soft peaks; beat in the bourbon.
- 8Fold in 1/2 of the whipped mixture into the mascarpone to lighten. Fold in remaining whipped mixture.
- 9Assembly: Arrange 1/2 of the ladyfingers in a single layer to cover the bottom of a 2-quart shallow casserole dish. Spread 1/2 the filling evenly over the fingers.
- 10Repeat with remaining fingers and filling. Evenly spread the topping over the top and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 11Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 12Let stand at room temp for 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin & Caramel Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.3
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 153.6 mg
- Sodium 305.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: