Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is amazingly easy, light and sweet. Much lighter then pumpkin pie. I found the recipe on the label of Carnation Fat Free Evaporated Milk. Deeeelicious! Time does not including cooling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 8in square baking dish into 13x9 inch baking dish, fill outer dish with hot water to 3/4 inch depth.
- Heat sugar in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted and golden brown, pour into square dish.
- Working quickly, remove square dish from water, swirl melted sugar around bottom and sides of dish to coat, return dish to water.
- Combine eggs, egg whites, pumpkin, honey, spice, vanilla, and salt in medium bowl, add evaporated milk and mix well.
- Pour into prepared square baking dish.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, remove dish from water and cool on wire rack, refrigerate for 4 or more hours.
- To serve: run a small spatula around edge of dish, place large plate over dish and turn over, shaking gently to release.
- Cut into quarters diagonally, cut each quarter into half to form triangles.
I think the flavor and texture is good...almost like a crust less pumpkin pie. The thing that makes it more like flan is the syrup. I personally think it needs more egg to give it more of a flan texture and flavor. It is still a good recipe that I will keep.
This was a very easy dish to make, without much fuss. I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it. It didn't sit on the table for long. Even my grandson (18) was impressed, in fact he asked me to make him his own for our next family dinner.
This was delcious and easy to make and looks impressive, too! everyone loved it and it was gone in a flash. a definite keeper! JOsiesweetie