Recipe by KelBel
This is amazingly easy, light and sweet. Much lighter then pumpkin pie. I found the recipe on the label of Carnation Fat Free Evaporated Milk. Deeeelicious! Time does not including cooling.
Top Review by aQTforever
I think the flavor and texture is good...almost like a crust less pumpkin pie. The thing that makes it more like flan is the syrup. I personally think it needs more egg to give it more of a flan texture and flavor. It is still a good recipe that I will keep.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened solid-pack pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) cancarnation fat-free evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 8in square baking dish into 13x9 inch baking dish, fill outer dish with hot water to 3/4 inch depth.
- Heat sugar in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted and golden brown, pour into square dish.
- Working quickly, remove square dish from water, swirl melted sugar around bottom and sides of dish to coat, return dish to water.
- Combine eggs, egg whites, pumpkin, honey, spice, vanilla, and salt in medium bowl, add evaporated milk and mix well.
- Pour into prepared square baking dish.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, remove dish from water and cool on wire rack, refrigerate for 4 or more hours.
- To serve: run a small spatula around edge of dish, place large plate over dish and turn over, shaking gently to release.
- Cut into quarters diagonally, cut each quarter into half to form triangles.