Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Creamy Pumpkin and Ginger Snaps, Delicious!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed gingersnap cookies (30 cookies)
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter or 1 1⁄4 cups margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F Wrap foil around outside of bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan to catch drips. Spray bottom of pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, stir crust ingredients until well mixed. Press mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed just until smooth and creamy. Beat in 1/2 cup butter until creamy. Do not overheat. On low speed, gradually beat in 1 cup granulated sugar. Add pumpkin; beat until blended. Beat in caramel topping and flour. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F Pour filling into partially baked crust. Place springform in large roasting pan; pour hot water into roasting pan until one-fourth full. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until edge of cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook almonds over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until just beginning to brown; sprinkle V-s cup granulated sugar over almonds. Continue cooking and stirring 2 to 3 minutes longer or until sugar is melted and almonds are coated. Spread almond mixture on sheet of foil sprayed with cooking spray. Cool 2 to 3 minutes; break apart.
- In chilled medium bowl, beat topping ingredients with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Serve slices of cheesecake topped with whipped cream and almonds.