Recipe by Catherine Robson
Another clipping I have kept from the Australian Womans Weekly 1987. A little taste of country cooking from rural New South Wales. I made this for my husband to take as morning tea at his work once and it went very quickly.(About 500 grms of raw pumpkin will cook down to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed pumpkin (will need to be cooled)
- 1 1⁄2 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sultana (shake in some of the flour to stop them sinking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 of the eggs and beat well.
- Then repeat 1 egg at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir in coconut and mashed pumpkin.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mixture into a lined loaf tin (15cm x 25cm).
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours in a moderate oven.