Found on facebook; original recipe from http://theviewfromgreatisland.com/2013/09/pumpkin-walnut-cake-with-nutella-frosting.html. To substitute another pan for the springform pan called for in the recipe, check http://www.joyofbaking.com/PanSizes.html --
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the cake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted (optional)
for the Nutella frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs, sour cream, sugars and spices. Make sure everything is well combined.
- 3In a separate small bowl whisk together the flour, soda and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing just until combined. Fold in the hazelnuts, if using.
- 4Spread the batter evenly in a lightly greased 9 inch springform pan.
- 5Bake for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it.
- 6Cool briefly before removing from the pan.
- 7Make the frosting by mixing together the Nutella, sour cream and powdered sugar.
- 8Add just enough milk or cream for a spreadable consistency.
- 9Add a little more powdered sugar if the frosting seems too thin. Spread on the completely cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cake With Nutella Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.7
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 286.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 53.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g