1 hr 20 mins
This is like a cake and apple crisp together, serve warm or room temperature with ice cream or caramel sauce. You can add in raisins to the pumpkin cake batter. This cake is wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 -6 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped in about 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1To make the apple streusel: melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add in chopped apples and saute for about 5 minutes (do not saute until too soft).
- 3Add in sugar and cinnamon; cook for another 3-4 minutes, then add in chopped walnuts; set aside.
- 4For the cake: set oven to 350 degrees (second-lowest rack).
- 5Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 6Combine flour, brown sugar, butter and salt in a large bowl.
- 7With an electric mixer, beat until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside 2/3 cup of the mixture for the topping.
- 8In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sour cream, white sugar, pumpkin pie spice, eggs and baking soda; add to the flour mixture; beat or whisk just until smooth (batter will fairly thick).
- 9Transfer batter to prepared baking pan and smooth out with a spoon.
- 10Scatter the apple/nut mixture on top (along with any melted butter/cinnamon syrup sauce from the bowl) then sprinkle the reserved 2/3 cup mixture on top of apples.
- 11Bake about 35-40 minutes or until cake test done.
- 12Cool cut into squares and serve warm with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cake With Apple-Nut Streusel
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.8
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 674.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 71.8 g
- Protein 8.2 g