I found this recipe on the internet. This stuff is great. It makes a perfect holiday treat (Halloween, THanksgiving, Christmas.) If needed you can freeze the bread ahead of time. By the time you get to your party, it'll be ready to serve.
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper.
- Grease and flour paper.
- Sprinkle towel with powdered sugar.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl until thick.
- Beat in pumpkin.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts (if desired).
- BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched.
- Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel.
- Carefully peel off paper.
- Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end.
- Cool on wire rack.
- BEAT cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and sugar in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Carefully unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Reroll cake.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.