Recipe by Gloria
I found this recipe in my mothers box of collected recipes. This recipe is fairly easy to prepare and is very good. You may sprinkle powdered sugar over the top if desired.
- 3 beaten eggs
- Sugar Twin (to equal 1 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- powdered sugar (for rolling)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup reduced fat margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs on high speed for five minutes.
- Gradually beat in sugar twin.
- Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Fold into pumpkinmixture.
- Spread in greased and floured jelly roll pan.
- Top with chpped nuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees in preheated oven for fifteen minutes.
- Turn out onto a lightly sugared towel.
- Starting at narrow end, roll towel and cake together; cool.
- Unroll carefully.
- Make filling by beating together cream cheese, 1 cup powered sugar, margarine, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread over cake; roll up.