Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grandma loved this cake when I made it for her, so I gave her the recipe. However, she did tweak it a bit. I never tried the changed recipe, for I have not made this recipe in a while, but tell me what you think. This is a slightly healthier version, as well.
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil (wesson) or 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil (wesson)
- Mix first eight ingredients together.
- Add last three ingredients.
- Put mixture in a flutted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.