Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
These soft cake-like cookies taste like warm pumpkin pie. Once when I shared these with the neighbor kids, "they" asked for the recipe to give to their mom. It's really the only cookie my youngest son requests. This recipe was shared by Madwizard at the marthastewart.com boards.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 dash clove (optional)
- 1 dash allspice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars and butter.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Mix in pumpkin, vanilla and egg.
- Blend in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and optional spices.
- Then stir in nuts if desired.
- Cookie dough will be soft.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart on silpat-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are no longer wet.
- Rounded tablespoonfuls bake 11-13 minutes.
- When you remove them from the oven, they may appear under baked, but they will continue to set up--dont over bake.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cool hot sheets between batches.
These were really nice, but I felt the pumpkin flavour was not too strong, and I don't think they were done completely.
Loved it! They really didn't feel much like cookies more like extremely moist cake! So yummy and it's very hard to have just one! I think I'll add nuts for next time!
I really liked these cookies. I'll make them again. Thank you for the recipe!