Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love pumpkin bars all year long, and these ones take the cake! Moist, delicious, and perfect everytime. Everyone asks for the recipe after they've tried them!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one glass 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the frosting: beat together the cream cheese, butter and confectioner's sugar.
- Evenly spread over bars after they have cooled.
Moist and sooo amazing! I added 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and 1/2 tsp of clove to spice it up a bit. It was definitely a hit with my family. Plus it was super easy to make. This is a keeper.
Alright! Fabulous! I gotta say though, I changed a lot in this recipe to make it healthier and you can't even tell!!! Amazing, here is what I did:
Only 1 1/2 cups sugar
I used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/4 quinoa flour instead of 3/4 cup of white flour
only 1/2 tsp salt
I used 1/2 cup applesauce instead of 1/2 the oil and for the remainder of the oil, I used 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup vegetable oil
I also used 2 cups of fresh pumpkin
For frosting, I used 2 1/2 cups powder sugar, 1 stick butter (8 tbsp) and 4 oz cream cheese
Also put a couple dashes nutmeg in batter and sprinkled a little cinnamon and nutmeg on top of the frosting!
Even with all my revisions, it's still PLENTY sweet, but without making you sick! Absolutely wonderful! Next time I may eliminate the oil altogether and only use applesauce (healthier)
Thanks for a fabulous recipe!!!
This is one of those recipes that you can already tell before you bake it how mind-blowing it is... and i didnt even expect it! All I added was the 1 t. of Pumpkin Pie all-spice which summed up my ginger, nutmeg, etc. combo I was looking for... other than that.. the flavor is amazing... I will probably make the cream cheese frosting the way another person sugg. with the confect. sugar, vanilla, butter, and cream cheese... on a side note: my husband left an empty box of little debbie brownies that I purposely for myself (pregnancy cravings ;) ... and now, these are all for me. He can watch me enjoy them- hope he enjoyed the brownies! :)