Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Southern Living magazine.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup corn oil
- 2 cups cooked mashed pumpkin or 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
Fluffy cream cheese frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Add oil, pumpkin and eggs; beat 1 minute at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Spoon batter into a greased 15x10x1 inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely; frost with Fluffy cream cheese frosting.
- Cut into bars.
- Fluffy cream cheese frosting: Beat cream cheese and margarine until light and fluffy; add orange juice and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing until light and fluffy.
EXCELLENT!! These are really moist and tasty. I made them for a party on Saturday and on Monday they are still as moist as the first day. I would definately recommend to anyone. The only changes I made were more spice (used Pumpkin) in the batter (I love a lot of pumpkin pie taste) and I didn't have orange juice for the icing so I used more vanilla. Thanks for posting this recipe!