Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I like pumpkin pie, but when I got the pumpkin cake recipe from a friend at work and tried it--now I like the pumpkin cake better.
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- With an electric mixer blend the eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin; set aside.
- Stir together the pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, soda, and flour until blended; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended. Pour mixture into a greased and flour-dusted 10x15-inch pan or evenly divided into two 9-inch square pans.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until edges begin to pull away from sides and center springs back when lightly touched, about 35 minutes.
- Remove and let cool in pan. I generally use 10x15-inch Pyrex glass baking dish.
- FROSTING: Mix together until smooth and spread on cooled cake.