Recipe by AMY MCCHESNEY
With the holidays around the corner, these will be sure to be a party pleaser. A nice alternative to pumpkin pie.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin (NOT WITH ADDED SPICES)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pumpkin, eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, spices, and salt in bowl.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Cut softened butter into cake mix with pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over pumpkin in pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 350°F.
- When cool, cut into squares and refrigerate.
- Garnish each square with a dollop of whipped cream before serving.