Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Luscious 4 layer pumpkin cake that is worth the time needed.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (398 ml) can pumpkin, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 cups whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped, toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 2 9" round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs, and 1 teaspoons spice in large bowl and beat at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Pour into pans.
- Bake 28-30 minutes or until done.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and 1/2 tsp spice. Mix well.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Cut each cooled cake in half with a serrated knife.
- Put on serving plate.
- Spread cream cheese filling between layers. Do not do top of cake.
- Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
This was really good and makes a great presentation! Everybody Loved this one. Not too much pumpkin flavor and not too sweet, a great combo of flavors.
I love this cake. I got my recipe from a Food and Family magazine and it is exactly like this one. Even if you are not a huge fan of pumpkin you may like this. I do not like pumpkin pie at all but I love this cake! It has a very light pumpkin taste that is, dare I say it, yummy! This cake is also very classy and complicated looking. It has always made quite an impression everywhere I take it and I always get ooohs and ahhhs. Great for a holiday get together! Just to avoid confusion..."icing sugar" is confectioners sugar
A co-worker brought this to work last week and it was great. Wasn't sure where she got the recipe but she gave it to me and it is almost word for word as this recipe. As I said, it was a great cake. Not overly sweet or rich. Glad I found it here.