Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Luscious 4 layer pumpkin cake that is worth the time needed.
Make and share this Pumpkin Cake - 4 Layer recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (398 ml) can pumpkin, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 cups whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped, toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 2 9" round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs, and 1 teaspoons spice in large bowl and beat at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Pour into pans.
- Bake 28-30 minutes or until done.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and 1/2 tsp spice. Mix well.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Cut each cooled cake in half with a serrated knife.
- Put on serving plate.
- Spread cream cheese filling between layers. Do not do top of cake.
- Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.