Recipe by wicked cook 46
From the Blue Bonnet website. Posting for safe keeping. Searched zaar and did not see one like this. Times are approximate
Top Review by Lainey6605
This is very good and moist! Very simple to make and wonderful flavor. The baking time was right on for me. I frosted the individual slices with the buttercream frosting. Yummy! Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.
- cooking spray
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 (16 ounce) containervanilla buttercream frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg into medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat margarine and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin and egg; beat until well blended.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cake from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Spread with frosting. Sprinkle with walnuts, if desired. Cut into 12 slices to serve.