Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This moist and delicious cake is a great addition to a thanksgiving meal, but is good all year long!! It is a pumpkin spice cake with creamy cream cheese frosting on the top!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- -Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- -In one bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt together and set aside.
- -In a separate large bowl mix together the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, and oil.
- -When everything is smooth, slowly add the dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- -Lightly grease a 13x9" pan and pour in batter.
- -Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out of center mostly clean(because this is a moist and slightly sticky cake it won't be 100% clean.).
- Beat together one 8 oz package of cream cheese, 2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 stick of softened butter until fluffy. (This is much easier if both are at room temperature). Add approximately 3°C powdered sugar and mix until smooth. (You may need more or less powdered sugar to get desired consistency, but you want it to be thick and spreadable.) Spread over cake after cake has cooled completely.