Recipe by wleknisl828
Absolutely delicious. I had this at an office party and it was such a great hit. Several of us asked the cook for the recipe. Because I will lose it, I am posting it here for next fall/christmas time. It has a lighter pumpkin taste. I am just copying word for word the directions, and guessing on the preparation time, I have yet to make it. Let me know what you think!
Top Review by 826372
I made this "spur of the moment" and everyone loved it. Even my brother who doesn't enjoy pumpkin. It is VERY buttery though, I would recommend using only 1/4 or 1/2 c of melted butter. I used 1/2 and will reduce it next time. I also used skim evaporated milk and 1 c. of Splenda instead of sugar. Excellent.
- 1 (12 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, sugar, spices and pumpkin.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Put into greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix (dry) on pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle nuts over that.
- Drizzle melted butter over that.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.